Children of all socioeconomic backgrounds will have a lifelong love of books and a passion for reading.
To educate, encourage, and equip parents to read with their infants and young children as a natural part of their daily routine. Ontario County, NY is our primary focus. However, when we have sufficient books and funds, we may support projects outside of Ontario County that align with our mission.
We’re All About Reading To Babies And Young Children!
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.”
– Emile Buchwald
The Most Important Twenty Minutes
Of Your Day
Budding Readers shares the view expressed by the well-known children’s author, Rosemary Wells in Read to Your Bunny (1998).
“……..Every day, make a quiet, restful place for twenty minutes. Put your child in your lap and read a book aloud. In the pages of the book you will find a tiny vacation of privacy and intense love. It costs nothing but twenty minutes and a library card.
Reading to your little one is just like putting gold coins in the bank. It will pay you back tenfold. Your daughter will learn, and imagine, and be strong in herself. Your son will thrive, and give your love back forever.”
Benefits of Reading to Your Baby from Day One
– Promotes listening skills.
– Increases the number of vocabulary words your baby hears.
– Develops attention span and memory.
– Helps your baby learn uncommon words.
– Helps your baby understand the meanings of words.
– Helps your baby learn concepts about printed words and books.
– Helps your baby learn to get information from illustrations.
– Promotes bonding and calmness for both you and your baby.
– Stimulates imagination and all five senses.
– Instills the love of books and learning.
A Special Thank You To Our Funding Partners!
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
F. F. Thompson Foundation
Cobblestone Creek Charity Guild
Spring Hill Fund at the Rochester Area Community Foundation
MVP Health Care