Budding Readers has ongoing partnerships with a variety of local and community programs. It does take a village to raise a child and Budding Readers is proud to be part of the Ontario County “village”. Budding Readers, and the organizations we partner with work together to improve the current life and future outcomes for Ontario County children. These partnerships include:
- Working relationships with local libraries in the eight Ontario County communities we serve. You will find their library hours on their respective community pages.
- Working relationships with the school districts in the eight communities we serve, especially at the Kindergarten and UPK level. Budding Readers has given a new book to each Kindergarten and/or UPK child since 2013, which was increased to three times per year in 2020.
- An integrated relationship with the Finger Lakes WIC (Women, Infants & Children) Office in Canandaigua. This is our largest and most long-standing partnership. Budding Readers’ books are available at the WIC office; a new book can go home with each child at each appointment. Over 23, 000 books have been distributed.
- An integrated relationship with F. F. Thompson Hospital in Canandaigua. Pre-pandemic, our volunteers attended birthing classes and chatted with expectant parents about the importance and joy of reading to their babies, right from birth. Each new family received a “bundle of books” to get them started.
- An integrated relationship with Healthy Families – Ontario, Yates & Seneca Counties. The Healthy Families program works with high-risk families to improve outcomes for the children. They work with families from birth with weekly home visits to teach positive parenting and interaction with their babies. Budding Readers provides books for families; the home educators do a wonderful job of teaching parents how to read with babies.
- An integrated relationship with Family Promise – Ontario County. The Family Promise program works with homeless families helping them to secure employment and independent housing. Budding Readers provides a “bundle of books” for each child from birth to age 11 when the family “graduates” from the program and is their own independent housing.